A family of four and an adult male boarder were found dead in their Porter Creek home on Sunday morning.
The family included two school-aged children, said a Whitehorse RCMP news release.
The names of the five have not yet been released.
Police were called to the house after a friend of the family’s visited the home on Sunday and found them all dead.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus first entered the home to make sure it was safe before police went inside and located the five bodies.
Foul play is not suspected at this time, said police.
When asked if carbon monoxide poisoning was a possible cause of death, RCMP spokesman Sgt. Don Rogers said it had not been ruled out.
“All avenues are being considered,” he said.
The deaths are still under investigation by both the RCMP and the territory’s chief coroner.
Contact Roxanne Stasyszyn at firstname.lastname@example.org