Most Yukon campgrounds re-open May 15, with the following exceptions:
* The Watson Lake campground and the Frances Lake campground on the Campbell Highway are closed until the snow melts.
* The Klondike River campground near Dawson City is closed until flood repairs are complete.
* The Frenchman Lake, Nunatuk and Tatchun Lake campgrounds near Carmacks are inaccessible because of washouts on the Frenchman Road.
* The Fox Lake campground has nine sites closed due to a road washout.
* The Kusawa Lake campground’s first loop is open, but the other two loops across the bridge are closed due to glaciation on the road. Access is not recommended.
* The Aishihik Lake campground is closed because the road is washed out.
* Campgrounds on the Dempster Highway, the Nahanni Range Road and the Canol Road won’t open until the snow disappears.
For more information, call Yukon Parks at 667-5648.