It will be another few weeks before the case of Michael Nehass makes any more progress through the courts.
A judge found Nehass unfit to stand trial back in May. Last week the Yukon Review Board, which handles cases involving people who are unfit, found him fit.
Nehass was back before a judge on Friday.
His new lawyer, Bibhas Vase – who was first appointed by the review board – said he’ll need a couple of weeks to go over all the information.
The case was adjourned until Sept. 5.
Nehass did not speak during his court appearance.
In the past he has been very vocal in court. He has said he believes his incarceration is part of a vast government conspiracy.
Nehass has been at the Whitehorse Correctional Centre since December 2011.
He is facing a string of charges, including possession of a weapon and unlawful confinement.
He faces additional charges from his time in jail, including assaulting a peace officer and attempting to break out of the segregation unit.
His case got national attention after he was brought naked and shackled into a video court appearance last January.
His father has since filed a human rights complaint, claiming his son has been held in solitary confinement for 28 months. Justice officials dispute this.