A fire at Yukon College’s family residence on Tuesday morning has forced tenants out of five apartments while repairs are done.
The alarm sounded and the fire was immediately extinguished, but the sprinkler system dousing the one unit and caused water damage in four others.
One of the two men sleeping in the original unit sustained minor burns while trying to extinguish the fire.
No one else was injured.
Repairs were expected to take approximately three days.
The residents of the apartment will be relocated for the duration of the cleanup. (CO)